Saturday April 29
Today: 9 am - 6:00 pm
1017 - 16th Avenue SW
Cheese and Wine
Lunch in the Shop
The Grilled Cheese Bar: Eat In or Take Away
Daily Cheese Plates
Email To Recipient
Email To Self
Pay by Credit Card
Pay with PayPal
POSITION: FULL TIME CHEESEMONGER
Janice Beaton Fine Cheese is Calgary’s premiere specialty retailer of artisanal cheeses, charcuterie, and accompaniments. We are a true European-style cut-to-order cheese shop working in collaboration with the chefs and wine experts at our attached sister restaurant, FARM.
The cheese shop offers you the opportunity to learn and taste constantly. It is a place where the joy of food and the diligent effort it takes to know and sell cheese go hand in hand. Not only are we dedicated to a positive and welcoming environment, we are committed to the craftsmanship and the integrity of good food.
We provide extensive training and support; however the following demonstrated qualities are integral to you being the successful candidate:
• Self-Motivation: the character and motivation to remain alert and active in your work, no matter the task and physical nature of the work.
• Listening skills: A lot of what we do is learned by experience and by listening. Most of the learning curve has to do with adjusting to the thought-processes and priorities of a fast-paced cheese and charcuterie shop.
• Ability to work well with others: You must be adaptable and understanding toward others, able to work smoothly on a team.
• Work clean, be friendly. We value our employee’s professionalism and we believe that work must be a rewarding experience.
• Fluency in spoken and written English
You will learn:
• Extensive cheese and charcuterie knowledge
• Shop processes and organization
• Food rhetoric, public speaking and teaching skills
Note: The Cheese Shop is open every day with shifts typically ending at 6:30pm and 7:30p
Experience in the cheese business is not a requirement for hiring.
Last Updated: Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Copyright (c) 2017 Janice Beaton Fine Cheese